Wednesday, February 15, 2012

update

It's been a week so I thought I'd do a quick update. I've been out of the blogging mood because of a bad family situation but I'm not going to write about it here now - maybe not here ever, I don't know.

I do have a weekly side pose photo but it's on my camera and the cable I need to download the pictures to my computer is downstairs and I have no desire at the moment to go down there and get it. Tomorrow.

We had our biweekly doctor's visit today. Here are a few updates on the pregnancy front:
  • My belly is measuring at 35 cm and I'm 33 weeks. The doctor described my belly as "robust" (this does not get a tally in the 'fat' comment tally because I thought it was a nice way of saying it). A rule of thumb is that you're supposed to measure the same number of weeks you are in centimeters, which technically means I'm measuring at someone who is 35 weeks. However, I couldn't convince my doctor to move up the due date...I gave it a good try. She said they typically consider the 3 weeks before and 2 weeks after the due date the 'range' for delivery, so there's no need to adjust my due date. I told her I'd probably go early and she didn't deny it, but obviously there is no way to predict this stuff. I'm on Hannah time (now and for the rest of my life, really).
  • Hannah is the size of a pineapple. That's 19 to 22 inches, approximately 4.9 lbs.
  • Pregnancy is not an attractive look, and I don't care. I have sausage toes, tiger clawed stretchmark stomach, a slight outie belly button, poofy fingers, nasal congestion that won't quit, and I have lost the ability to control certain physical and emotional functions. And that's OK.
6 weeks 3 days. That's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.