Saturday, November 24, 2012

I want my old back back.

Me.
My God I'm a lemon. I have the equivalent of Murphy's Law health. My lower back is out of commission and it's ruining my life. I feel like I got hit by a truck. The best assumption I can make is that I jacked up my back by lifting 18 lbs of baby in her impossibly heavy car seat. It has progressively gotten worse, and now it hurts so bad that I can't roll over, sit up like a normal person, walk perfectly upright, or sneeze without crippling pain shooting through my nerves. The bulging disc is pinching my sciatic nerve so the pain tears down my legs and up through my spine. It's miserable.

I have been getting adjustments from my dad (a chiropractor), I've gone to my primary physician, and she recommended I go to another chiropractor for decompression therapy (only some chiropractors do this). I read about the therapy and it's like 5 days a week for about 30 minutes for a month. Total treatment time is 8 weeks. Say what? When am I supposed to squeeze that into my already packed schedule? Hell.

The only relief I get is when I'm afloat in the bathtub, but it's hard to take care of a 7 month old baby and work from a bathtub. I am praying for healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.