Tuesday, July 17, 2012

This disease is a liar

Thank you, Cari, for reminding me tonight that this disease is a liar. I struggled today going back to work and trying to convince myself that I was going to be OK. This disease wants me to believe that I will never heal, that I am crippled and incapable of doing anything, that I should be afraid and reclusive, that I am tired and cannot concentrate, that I should give up. I fight those lies every day, all day. I want so desperately to feel like myself again. I have to remember remember remember often that this disease is a liar.

2 comments:

  1. Just keep truckin'! Don't listen to the bad stuff, just enjoy every good moment. Thanks so much for coming to see us on Saturday, it was good to have adult contact! Sorry I wasn't my normal self, I am just super tired. I think 1 month of being so tired made me hit a wall that day. I am trying harder to get him on a schedule this week for my own sake but it is hard work!! This really is the hardest job in the world but also the most rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you even fret, my friend! It was a wonderful visit. You're doing a great job and things appear to be going really well for you, which makes me so happy! Just wait until Des starts smiling at you...you'll want to stay up all night if it means he'll sit and smile at you!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.