Friday, March 8, 2013

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx

Today is my birthday! Whoop!
I love birthdays. The air always feels a little different, in a good way. Magical and special and happy. I'm not one of those people who fears age. I'm like a fine wine that gets better with time, or a nice hand-crafted piece of antique furniture, or just a senile old lady in the making. I am off work today and my darling mother has taken Hannah under her care so I can spoil myself. Here is how I plan to spend my birthday:
  • Sleep in (check!)
  • Update blog whilst sipping delicious coffee (in progress)
  • Go get my license updated (ugh)
  • Go buy myself things I don't need (hoorah!)
  • Perhaps a massage? A pedicure? I just don't know where the day will take me!
  • Pick up Hannah from her grandparent's house and take her home in time for the babysitter to show up
  • Go to a delicious wine/steak restaurant in Chesterfield where I will consume delicious wine/steak among the company of my most treasured family members who could be in attendance
  • Pass out smiling, warm in my bed
In the spirit of reflection (and, in some cases, embarrassing myself), here are some old photos I dug up in my archive:
I kind of look like Hannah, except my face is longer ("So I said to the horse, 'HEY! why the long face?'")

I look pensive but really I just fell asleep with my eyes open.

Jesse and I getting ready for a day of uniform-wearing at the ole Catholic grade school. Great jumper! Nice socks!

Dad's got a perm, Mom's got legs that won't quit, Jesse's gotta pee, and I'm asleep with my eyes open again.

"What do you mean you don't eat them with the shells on?"

Hannah Boo Boo isn't the only award-winning baby in this family tree!


"Whatcha thinkin' about?"
"Nothin, just baseball stuffs!" (Jesse and Jason will get this joke)

I was actually a sweatshop baby.

Oh, you know, just playin' superheroes in my sweat suit beneath the woven wall decal on top of the shag carpet.

Amazingly, I even smiled while sleeping with my eyes open.

I know a haircut done at home when I see one - nice bangs!
One more millimeter toward the ear and this would qualify as a mullet!

In my young political days, shaking hands and kissing adults.

Asleep.

There is absolutely nothing funny about this picture. It's perfect and I look amazing.

Zzzzzzzzz.
Thank you all for taking this trip down memory lane with me. I hope to see you all again at this very blog one year from today for another showcase of sleeping with eyes open and bad bangs!
[blows out candles]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.