Monday, March 5, 2012

Exit strategy, exit music

A birth plan (or what I like to refer to as "exit strategy") is a big deal these days, apparently. All the books and sites and sources I read talk about preparing a birth plan for the big baby cometh outeth day. I've reviewed templates because sometimes I prefer to fly by the seat of my maternity jeans but I wanted to know what I was missing. Birth plan templates seem to cover everything you can encounter when a human is trying to fly out your nethers, including pain relief preferences, mood music and lighting, and how big you want your audience to be. So, Jason and I discussed it and we decided that since we don't know how we are going to feel in the moment considering we've not done this before, our birth plan is summed up in three words:

GET IT OUT.

Phew! Check that off the baby preparation list!

We're going to bring our phone with the Pandora app in case we want music, but I did entertain myself by thinking about a few songs that could go on the labor playlist if I thought I'd have a sense of humor during the grand and painful event:

Push It by Salt N Pepa

Come Baby Come by K7

Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash

Hurts So Good by John Mellencamp

Everybody Hurts by R.E.M.



1 comment:

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.