Monday, March 12, 2012

Grab your belly, smile, and say "Awkward!"

Anyone who has been to my house has seen that we keep a copy of Awkward Family Photos in our main floor bathroom because it's stupid funny and the phenomenon of these terrible decisions caught on camera should be celebrated regularly.

Some people like to get tasteful photos of their baby bellies, and sometimes they wind up kind of creepy. I've personally considered getting some awkward photos of myself in this pregnant condition (yes, more awkward than the yellow tank top stretched to the max), but my awkward photos would be more in line with senior pics...like me leaning up against a "BABY 2012" podium with my baby gut resting on top, or me laying in a grassy field amongst McDonald's cheeseburger wrappers...just a few thoughts.

A few gems that my friend Kristine brought to my attention recently can be found by visiting this Parenting site.

OR, do yourself a favor and head out to the Awkward Family Photos - Pregnancy page!

To save you some time if you don't want to see the full lot of awkwardness, here are my personal faves:
Baby is trying to escape from creepy dad via belly button

I had considered painting Jason in the fetal position on my stomach until I found out it was not an original idea
Not sure why these kids grew up to be serial killers
The beach is that way...the bikini-clad beached pregnant lady is the other way
Simply preggo
"Alright, here it comes...get ready to catch!"
Talk about a spare tire - lay off the cupcakes, sister!
Jungle bed rest
If this showed up in my mailbox in December it would be a very Merry Christmas indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.