|halfway to the end zone|
Today marks the midway point in my pregnancy! I probably should have spruced it up a bit for this milestone photograph, but give me a break, I'm pregnant!
|20 weeks = halfway there|
- Your body is not your body. Mine is on loan to me from God and to be used for magnificent things...getting from one good place to the next, schlepping around a soul that needs to stay gentle yet resilient, and - most importantly - providing a safe place for one precious Hannah Sophia Rutherford to begin her path into this scary and amazing world.
- It's OK to feel uncomfortable in your clothes when discomfort is happily outdone by the reason you feel it.
- Appetites can consume you, both when you're too nauseous to tolerate food or craving something that you have to have rightnow.
- Prenatal vitamins really do give you super long talons.
- There are no boundaries to strangers when you're pregnant. Talking to a pregnant woman removes a person's filter that would have otherwise prevented them from telling you about their terrible labor stories, their unsolicited opinions about the names you're considering, how BIG you're getting, and how you should go about your pregnancy or parenting. Everyone is an expert.
- Maternity clothes are expensive, so it's a great fortune to have friends who are willing to share theirs with yours so all you have to concern yourself with is a few pairs of paints early on.
- Unless you are having a high risk pregnancy, you might only get a total of two ultrasounds during your entire pregnancy. It's hard not to be able to see your baby and probably one of the most amazing gifts in the world when you do get to.
- Staying home and crawling into bed before 9 p.m. is a bit of heaven.
- Hormones own you both mentally and physically. Take it from my tears during touching TV commercials and the crippling ache in my lower right back.
- I am not in control.