Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just when you think you know a fetus

I have been a little curious about when I'd start feeling "quickening" (dumb word that means the pregnant lady feels the baby move) and most women describe it as butterflies or bubbles. But up until yesterday's ultrasound, I felt just the occasional sense that there was a human taking up space in my belly spot. Nothing like butterflies or bubbles...I was beginning to think that maybe tiny dancer was a little too tiny for me to feel her dance.

That is, until literally right after the ultrasound! Now, Hannah is definitely busy moving around. I am beginning to think she likes food (we have this in common) because she's particularly active after I eat. She also practically woke me up at 5:30 a.m. this morning because of her movement...I don't think there's a "fetal savings time" or she would have known better than to wake me up. Sweet little Hannah - she just keeps surprising me already.

fluttering Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.