|Can't a girl have a beer gut?|
Here are some examples of weight-related word vomit from the mouths of people without filters:
- Are you sure there's only ONE baby in there?
- I don't see how you're going to make it all 9 months already being that size.
- Get ready to get fat!
- My sister started out your size and wound up on bedrest her entire third trimester!
- Your body will never be the same.
- You look uncomfortable.
- I saw your stomach turn the corner 5 minutes before the rest of you!
I think pregnancy is like the weather. Anyone who endures it will talk about it to anyone who will listen. We have it in common. And we all feel it a little differently.
What I do enjoy is hearing happy things about how great parenthood is, the joys of being responsible for this cute little person, and what a positive, life-changing experience becoming a parent can be. I realize it's not all roses, but why would you hand someone a handful of poison ivy if you had other options?