Thursday, November 17, 2011

Crib crazy

Just because a mom-to-be makes an excel spreadsheet to compare cribs in terms of color, shape, size, brand, features, accompanying dressers or changing tables, and, of course, price - that doesn't make her crazy, does it?
Don't answer.

me thinking about cribs

So maybe I've gotten a little intense about the search for the perfect furniture set, but there are around 20 million cribs out there and I can't seem to narrow it all down. You've got cribs that convert to day beds/toddler beds/full size beds, regular non-convertible cribs, circle shaped cribs, wood cribs in every possible color, iron cribs, ornate cribs, sleek cribs, compact cribs...the list goes on. Couple that with the accompanying furniture - solo changing table or double dresser that serves as a changer? 4-drawer or 5-drawer dresser? with or without the hutch? - and I am exhausted.

And don't get me started on the price. When it comes to cribs, do you really get what you pay for? If that's the case, then Hannah's college fund just became her bedroom set. There are only about 5 places in St. Louis where you can pay a personal visit to a good number of cribs; otherwise, you're ordering online. But I like to open/close drawers and see where all the screw holes are, so I just don't know if online purchasing sight unseen is my style here. Seems risky.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.