Monday, November 7, 2011

It's a...

GIRL!
Can you believe it? Francis is a girl! And here we thought the fortune cookies were trying to tell us otherwise. But at least the fortune cookie from yesterday got it right:

I am going to be a mother. Wise little Chinese cookie paper.

We are so excited to be able to stop calling the baby "it" and "Francis." Let's face it, nobody wants to be called it. And unless your name is really Francis, then you don't want to be called Francis. We will now refer to the baby girl by her name:

Hannah Sophia

Not only is Hannah a beautiful name...it's a palindrome! Palindromes are terrific! Easy to spell and easy on the eyes. Like racecar. Or "Mr. Owl ate my metal worm." That's a biggie. And, Sophia is such a pretty name, too! It could have been a contestant for the number one name spot, but our hearts have been set on Hannah for a long time. I still can't believe we get to have our little Hannah.

Of course, beyond the gender reveal we were blessed to see that everything else was in good working order...musical 155 bpm heartbeat, good spine, a solid noggin with some good brains in there, legs, arms, fingers, toes...all good. Even a face. Hannah has a face! That's fan-tas-tic. She was doing cartwheels and showing off her jazz hands. I'll have to scan in some ultrasound pics and post them soon enough.

By the time I got back to my desk at work after the appointment, I had an email from Jason with the subject line "me" and the following picture attached:
Future Jason and Hannah
Could he be any sweeter? I think he's right. I think he's got a tea party or two in his future. God is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.