Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful

Thanksgiving has just passed, and I think it's about time I showed some gratitude. Here's a list of obvious things I'm thankful for:
  • Babies. The bun in my oven, the buns in my friends' and family members' ovens, the buns that have already baked and are out of the ovens, and the buns that will someday make an appearance in an oven near you.
  • The great hubster, Jason. He makes me so happy. We have a dumb amount of fun together, and he does too many amazing things for me to list here. Such a great husband and father.
  • My beloved family. I couldn't imagine a world without my favorite people in it. I am blessed to have a group of people that I can trust with my life and count on for a laugh. Even though God has taken some of my family home, I am grateful to have even had a chance to know the sweetness of my Grandpa and Grandma Walter and the comfort and leadership of my Grandpa Thro.
  • Tremendous friends. My non-blood extended family. Also good when I need support or a ridiculously fun time.
  • All of God's blessings. Things I take for granted, like my house, job, vehicles, music, art, wine (again, someday), groceries, bills that are always paid, even my stupid dog who somehow both makes me nuts and brings me joy.
And here's a list of unobvious things I'm thankful for:
  • Water heaters. I love nothing more than a good, hot shower.
  • Coffee. I've given it up for Hannah, but still love the smell of it and I really can't wait to get back into drinking my daily cup(s) of wake-up juice post-pregnancy.
  • Maternity pants. They may look ridiculous from the waist up, but God bless the person who invented them. Not sure I'll ever return to regular pants.
  • Qdoba's chicken queso burrito. My mouth is thankful, my thighs are not.
  • Christmas music. Sure, there hasn't been a new song introduced to the mix that's worth a damn since 1962, but I am cool with recycling all of the old holiday tunes. Turn on the instant nostalgia.
  • Naps. Both the ones I take during the day and the really long ones I take each night.
This is not a comprehensive list by any means, just a few things off the top of my head. I am truly grateful to be alive, well, and part of God's grand plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.