Monday, October 17, 2011

Dolls or dinosaurs?


Note: this is not my stomach
For anyone who is also counting down at home, it is officially 3 weeks until we find out if we're having a boy or girl Francis! I can't wait. Here's a list of the actions I am taking immediately after finding out (and after I tell people, of course ):
  1. Purchase crib and other baby furniture: I have carefully whittled the list down to about 50 furniture sets. I think by knowing the gender, I will be able to narrow it down to 20 and then perhaps Jason should just tell me which ones are too crazy expensive so I can make an acceptable purchase.
  2. Buy baby hair accessories: I like bows and hats. But I will not put bows on my son. I will put hats on my girl. Let the head decorating begin.
  3. Open the gift of baby shoes from Sarah: Aunt Sarah has already declared she will be providing Francis' first Converse shoes. She is awaiting the big news so she can ensure her shoe purchase is gender appropriate. I cannot wait to open this gift.
  4. Begin the process of changing my mind about baby names: It's all fun and games until naming a child becomes a reality. When the possibility starts to exist that one of these names might stick, then names like Starr and Runs With Scissors (a nod to Jason's Native American heritage, naturally) begin to give me anxiety.
  5. Buy onesies with weird sayings on them: My little billboard. I cannot wait to get the word out via your tiny little chest.
That's just the short list of immediate action items. The longer list includes many things that I've been putting off, like buying diapers, determining what will be done about the work/daycare situation, buying toys that Jason and I will probably use and Benson will probably eat, etc. Not sure why these things need to wait until the gender is found, but that's just how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.