Sunday, October 30, 2011

Francis the Mango

As of today, little Francis Button is a Mango, totaling 6 inches and 1/2 a lb.
Mangoes and Francis have a lot in common. According to wikipedia, the mango is a fleshy stone fruit belonging to the genus Mangifera, consisting of numerous tropical fruiting trees in the flowering plant family Anacardiaceae. According to me, the Francis is a fleshy love baby belonging to the genus Button, consisting of numerous fruiting limbs in the flourishing family Rutherford.
And now for the belly shot...
Week 8 vs. Week 18
When seen at this angle, it is clear that the host of the Mango looks quite like she swallowed the mango whole. The yellow tank top appears to be begging for mercy...hopefully it lasts the duration of the pregnancy because we still have about 22 weeks to go and I don't believe I've seen a neon yellow maternity tank top in stores anywhere (trust me, I went to ALL of the stores on my pants hunt!).
And for those counting down with us, we have a mere 8 days before Francis' close up (and I mean close up...this better be the last time these parts are photographed!). We can't wait to find out what gender we're dealing with here. I will buy things. Oh, will I buy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! You don't need any sort of Google account or otherwise to post a comment.